I love Malaysian food. Let's Meetup for one every first Monday of the Month :-)
This Month's Monday Malay Mess will be held at:
199 Grand St, New York, NY 10013
(between Mulberry St & Mott St)
Canal Street (J, N, Q, R, 6)
Grand St (B, D)
• Serious RSVP only. Do not RSVP if you're not certain.
• "NO-SHOW" or Last day RSVP change Will NOT be tolerated.
• There will be a $2.00 meetup fee and will be added to your bill.
• We are going to eat Family Style, each person orders one dish to share. We will split the final bill of food. Every individual is responsible to pay their own drinks.
• Cash Only. Very Important!!! Makes everyone's life easier...
• Do not RSVP if you do not agree to all points above.
From Nyonya website:
Our story...The inter marriages between the Straits Chinese and Malays offers a delicate culture of the Nyonyas (the ladies) and the Babas (the gentlemen). This was then translated to traditional fashion, handcrafts, and, of course, its special cuisine. Nyonya cooking is a specialty derived from the recipes of one's Grandmother, and sometimes, the influence of one's Grandfather. Recipes were passed from one generation to the other with very little variance.
We, at NYONYA, are fortunate to have inherited such guarded recipes. It is then, our utmost belief to present the MOST AUTHENTIC NYONYA CUISINE to the affluent palate of our American and Asian friends. Here, we strive to introduce and influence our friends, with the many dishes that is achieved through the delicate, and, somewhat perfect blend of spices and herbs.
Imported spices complemented by the subtle fragrance of the Ginger flower, Kaffir leaves and Galanga are crucial in the making of authentic Nyonya cuisine. Sauces made from coconut milk, tamarind seeds and curry pastes (freshly pounded with shallots, garlic, lemon grass, ginger and selected curry mix) is a testament of an excellent cooked meal of a Nyonya. We hope to share these special experiences with YOU...