I met a Shanghainese guy past weekend and we somehow started to talk about Xiao Long Bao aka Soup Dumplings. My all time favorite place for this has always been Joe's Shanghai in Flushing Queens. Every time I crave for Xiao Long Bao, I gotta go to Joe's but my new Shanghainese friend disagrees. He said XLB is good at Joe's BUT XLB at Sam's are better! Whoa! What? NOOO WAYYY... SAM? Who's SAM? SAM is Shanghai Asian Manor! So I must find out for myself and would like for you to join me for a night of Xiao Long Baos and other usual Shanghai favorites like drunken chicken, scallion pancakes, shanghai fried noodles and etc...
Shanghai Asian Manor
21 Mott St
(between Mosco St & Park Row)
New York, NY 10013
6:45 SHARP, restaurant does not take reservations and would only seat everyone when everyone is present. Don't be that someone that would make everyone wait!
• Serious RSVP only. Do not RSVP if you're not certain.
• "NO-SHOW" or Last day RSVP change Will NOT be tolerated.
• There will be a $2.00 meetup fee and will be added to your bill.
• We are going to eat Family Style. We will split the final bill of food. Every individual is responsible to pay their own drinks.
• Cash Only. Very Important!!! Makes everyone's life easier...
• Do not RSVP if you do not agree to all points above.