1) Randy Bince of Legends Photography will demonstrate a FileMaker solution that he designed from a non-computer background to help his office deal with an internal problem that was plaguing all the staff. He will show the entire workflow from beginning to end. Randy’s main background is as a professional fashion photographer and IT supervisor.
*** Randy Bince is bouncing back from a flu and is 95% confirmed. There is a 5% chance that we will instead have an open mike round table on payment issues and other related business situations that we have come up against. I am sure that we all have stories to share that would be helpful for others to hear. There is, of course, a 95% chance that we will have this at a future meeting
2) Strategies for Updating FileMaker Solutions
*****Bonus Free Null Field Widget*****
FileMaker developers face idiosyncratic problems when updating solutions whether in the vertical market space or when bringing an older ad hoc solution into a modern framework. Jay Sciarra of Colibri Solutions, LLC will demonstrate and discuss a strategy they have developed as well as demo a freeware tool we use that identifies fields in FileMaker tables that do not contain any (all null) data. This widget is useful when you have a solution that has tables with many fields that have been added over time that may or may not need to be migrated to the new framework.
3) Open mike, possible topics include:
* What have you done with the new features of FileMaker 12/13 platform?
* Were you impacted by the heartbleed bug?
* Who is going to DevCon and what are you excited to see?
* Your topic here?
4) Bring your FileMaker questions and ask the audience. It is amazing how many problems a group of FileMaker developers can solve.
5) Picks and Tips of the Month: Short bits or bytes of interest to our NYFMP.org group members
119 West 23rd Street
New York, NY 10011
(between 6th & 7th Avenues)
5:30 pm Meet & Greet
6:00 pm – 8:00pm Presentation