NEW LOCATION -> Hudson High School of Learning Technologies
1) Optimize your FileMaker development environment. Daniel Beer of the The New York Hotel Trades Council will outline some 3rd party tools and additions we can use to maximize development efficiency. This will include a demonstration of various 3rd party tools, and some techniques that make life easier when working in FileMaker. We’d love to hear what tools you use in your development environment during discussion afterwards.
2) Roundtable discussion covering FileMaker business topics
* Seven (or more) highly effective ways to get new FileMaker workWhat is the one best thing to do to get more FileMaker work…the answer is…do many things! We’ll explore what those “many things” might be to keep projects coming your way.
* Qualifying prospectsWhat are some of the best ways of determining if the people that you are talking with are going to be a good fit for your business?
* “Build from the ground up” vs. “fixer-upper” vs. “tear down” projectsWhat are the criteria for deciding which approach is best in a given situation? What are the pros and cons of each approach and the best ways to manage each?
* Nurturing small projects into large projectsWhat are some of the best ways to grow small projects into large projects, creating value for you and your customers?
* Working with others in win-win waysMany FileMaker projects work best when there is a team assembled to bring together all of the different skills, experience and horsepower needed to get the job done right and in the required timeframe. What are the ways to make sure that your team arrives at a win-win outcome?
* Vertical market ideasSome solutions are so good they might be candidates to become vertical market solutions! Is it as easy as it looks? We will talk about what’s involved in taking a FileMaker solution from a “one” to a “many”.
* FileMaker Licensing: Annual, Volume and SiteWhat are the advantages of each of the licensing types and what is the best way to help determine which type is right for your client. The advantages of FileMaker annual software maintenance will be discussed.
* It’s not you it’s meWhat’s the best way to deal with a situation where you and your client are moving in different directions? We will talk about transitions and the best ways to make them as easy as possible for all parties.
* We will also talk about other FileMaker business issues as needed.
3) Bring your FileMaker questions and ask the audience. It is amazing how many problems a group of FileMaker developers can solve.
Hudson High School of Learning Technologies
351 West 18th Street (between 9th and 8th avenues)
New York, NY 10011
[The room number will be posted on the entrance door and/or call[masked]-4175. The name above the entrance door says "THE STRAUBENMULLER TEXTILE HIGH SCHOOL"]
5:30 pm Meet & Greet
6:00 pm – 8:00pm Presentation