New York MongoDB User Group Message Board › "Hadoop in Finance" day & "Hadoop+GPU" evening meetup

"Hadoop in Finance" day & "Hadoop+GPU" evening meetup

Andrew S.
AJTSheppard
New York, NY
Post #: 45
Dear All,

Interested in Hadoop? And Hadoop in the Cloud? What about Hadoop accelerated by GPU supercomputer cards on a cluster or in the Cloud? Then you may find this of interest ...

The "HPC & GPU Supercomputing Group of New York" is holding an evening meetup on "Hadoop+GPU" on Mon 26th March 2012 from 6pm to 9pm. To find out more details and to register to attend visit: http://www.meetup.com...­

I am also putting together a day-long event on the topic of "Hadoop in Finance", also on the 26th March. If you might be interested in attending that event, shoot me an e-mail (ajtsheppard ~AT~ gmail ~DOT~ com) and I will send you more details as they become available.

Also, I am looking for guest speakers for the "Hadoop in Finance" event. Topics of interest (but feel free to suggest your own!) are:

+ Financial data and Hadoop. What data lends itself to Hadoop? What doesn't?
+ Migrating financial data to Hadoop.
+ Managing data in Hadoop, particularly in an enterprise infrastructure.
+ Excel as a front-end to Hadoop. (Excel is in many ways the front-end-of-choice for the trading desk and risk groups).
+ Benchmarks from real-world uses of Hadoop in finance.
+ Machine learning using Hadoop.
+ Mining financial data using Hadoop.

If you are interested in speaking, or have any suggestions, please contact me (ajtsheppard ~AT~ gmail ~DOT~ com / 203-779-9343).

Best regards, Andrew Sheppard ("Shep")