New York MongoDB User Group Message Board › IMMEDIATE HIRE: Core Java, Scala, MongoDB Lead Developer - (NYC)
New York, NY
We are currently in-search for a QUANTITATIVE DEVELOPER, for our NYC office.
Are you an innovative Quantitative Developer that wants to get on the ground floor of a disruptive technology? Would you like to develop a massively scalable analytics and high-throughput distributed system that provides insightful analytics that power multi-billion dollar decision making? Are you looking to make true impact to the bottom line of a growing new company? We are building the next generation analytics platform for hedge funds using the latest in distributed computing and data visualization. We distill the subtle signals in large datasets to highlight the strengths and weaknesses of investment decisions, guiding investors to better results. We are growing rapidly and looking to expand our Quantitative Engineering team with the industry’s top talent. This is a young product, offering an opportunity to shape the core platform while learning the ins and outs of hedge fund investing. We approach finance with a fresh perspective, relying on the best in open source, computational algorithms, big data analysis, functional programming, and distributed computing. We are a highly skilled team of passionate, innovative, and intellectually curious engineers. We come from diverse backgrounds and share a common thirst for growth, impact by innovation, and open source participation. If it is not a core component of our competitive edge, we encourage open sourcing your work. The environment is highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary.
• Work with R&D and Product Owners to develop various analytics, pricing, and models for the platform
• Take ownership of various business initiatives showing versatility as a developer, architect, tester, analyst
• Implement ad hoc and long term products based on industry, home grown, and academic research
• Develop common toolset of quantitative functions leveraging cloud computing and distributed caching
• Become an expert in Scala, Mongo DB, and various open source libraries we use
• Create an efficient computation architecture that scales with growing data, users, and models
• Masters or PhD in a Quantitative Field: Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, etc
• Strong development experience and a degree in Computer Science from a competitive university program
• Strong background in the following: probability, stochastic processes, statistics, numerical methods
• Basic skills using SQL and an understanding of various NOSQL offerings (Mongo DB)
• Experience and comfort with Statistical Tools such as Matlab, R, Splus, etc.
• Understanding of distributed architecture, big data, mem caching, efficient multi-threaded computing
• Experience with Pricing, Factor Models, VaR, Performance Analytics is a plus
• Experience in the following is a plus but not required: Scala, SQL, Mongo, NoSQL, Open Source
• High enthusiasm, high integrity, and low ego; the focus is on a strong team rather than individual stars
• Desire to pursue an deeper education in finance through courses, CFA, CAIA or MBA program
If you are available and interested in this role please reply with a copy of your resume and I will reach out to you once I have had the opportunity to review it. If you are not available or interested in this this please feel free to share this opportunity within your trusted network of professionals.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration in this opportunity!