New York MongoDB User Group Message Board › Foursquare Engineering Opportunities
New York, NY
Hi NY MongoDB,
I work at foursquare and we're recruiting aggressively for server side developers. We use a Scala/Lift/Mongo stack and looking for engineers with expertise in recommender systems, analytics, and full stack feature development. We have a small team of 10 server developers and we're headquartered in the East Village. Check out the details below and apply at foursquare.com/jobs.
Foursquare - Server Side Software Developer
We have a list of project ideas a mile long, and not enough engineers to get them done. Join us and help out! There are all sorts of things you could help us with. If you like working deep in the stack, you could help us scale our architecture to deal with our rapidly growing (30% a month) user base. If you're more passionate about things a bit closer to the surface, we're making huge improvements to the usability, look and feel of the website. If you're a little bit of both, help us bring our feature ideas (and your own!) off the whiteboard and into reality. We push new versions of the website and API multiple times a week, so it won't take long to get your work out in front of our millions of users.
Our ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fluid start-up environment and will bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work. You have experience building real products in the real world from the ground up. Your teammates see you as a programming rock star, and go to you with their toughest problems. You're comfortable jumping in the deep end, learning new skills on a bleeding edge platform (Scala, Lift, and MongoDB), and pushing out tons of high quality work fast.
This job will be based in our brand-new headquarters in the East Village of New York City. We offer a competitive compensation package including equity options for all employees.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- Continually offer thought-leadership and dependable execution ability in a high-paced environment characterized by ongoing iteration and product pushes
- Play a key role in product development, help shape direction of foursquare feature set
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5+ years experience building products for fast growing web or mobile products
- Strong Java experience or, even better, experience and/or interest in Scala
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment