Jul 3, 2009 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Come join us for a private party where NY Phi members can eat, drink, and socialize all evening! Long-time supporter of the group Rich Sander, who has been a member since our very first (and small) event 3 years ago, is bringing members from Richies List, his network of free-thinking friends. The format of the party is potluck - everyone is expected to bring a lot of food and drink to share! Please be generous! This is a private party for group members (and one guest each). Please respect the residential nature of the location. Coco, our unofficial mascot, will be there! Everyone who RSVPs *must* have a photo, otherwise the RSVP will be rejected.
A PRIVATE PARTY
GRILL WILL BE FIRED UP!
A POTLUCK EVENT
What to Bring Everyone is to bring food AND drink. We want to have plenty all evening long! Bring BOTH:
- $10 worth of food to share. With the grill, it's great to bring burgers, hot dogs, chicken, etc. Bring an equal number of buns, if appropriate. Or, pay $10 at the door.
- If you plan on drinking: bring $15 worth of liquor, wine, beer, etc., or pay $15 at the door. You will be stamped and can drink from our open bar.
- If you are not a drinker: bring sodas, water, etc., or pay $5 at the door.
So: if you walk in with nothing (less preferred, this is a potluck after all), the cover is $25 for drinkers and $15 for non-drinkers. The organizers never make money from these events - if there is extra funds (trust me, this hardly happens), the extra will go to a slush fund for future parties. Notes
- Please help keep the noise levels down, the neighbors can hear people talking even quietly in the garden. We will wind up the party around 2 AM out of courtesy.
- As a casual potluck, it would be great if everyone could help a little with keeping the party running smoothly. Any help with the evening would be much appreciated! Greeting everyone at the door, grilling the meats, bar tending, cleaning up, and some prep work are all needed.
- There is a small grocery store, a small deli, and a liquor/wine store nearby at 6th and 16th.
We have a strict no-show policy; see the group's About page for details.