Hi Philosophers, Introducing an evening dedicated to exploring Eastern philosophy.
Where, When, What? We will have a room at the
Irish Rogue all to ourselves. Irish Rogue has a full dinner menu, see list below. Show up as early as
6 pm for Early Bird socializing! Event starts at 7 with more socializing, official program starts at 7:30 sharp! We will have an introduction to the topic, followed by rounds of discussion, including a few surprises! Modest cover of $2 for expenses, please bring exact change! This is a joint event with the
Buddhism and Happiness Meetup Group.
Sample topics include:
- Does happiness come from the outside or from inside yourself?
- What is the difference between desire and craving/attachment and why is craving/attachment the source of unhappiness?
- What can you do to lead a happier life?
- What is the self? What is the ego?
- When someone does something that makes you angry, how should you react? What can you do to change your anger?
- What is love? What kinds of love are there?
- Buddhism talks about loving all beings equally. Is this possible? If yes, is it desirable?
- What is the difference between compassion, pity, and empathy?
Hope to see you at the event, John & Suzanne DINNER MENU
Appetizers $6-11 - Nachos - Assortment of Wings, Mozzarella Sticks, Onion Rings & Chicken Fingers - Mozzarella Sticks - Beer Battered Chicken Fingers - Onion Rings - Buffalo Chicken Wings - Chili - Chips with Guacamole & Salsa Soups & Salads $4-11 Sandwiches $5-11 Burgers including Veggie Burger, served with french fries $8-9 Entrees $12-18 - Fish & Chips - Chicken Pot Pie - Grilled Chicken Breast - Sirloin Steak - Beef Stew - Mixed Grill - Shepherd's Pie - Fajitas Pasta $10-14 - Lobster Ravioli - Penne in Red Vodka Sauce - Chicken and Shrimp Fettuccini - Mushroom and Bacon Bowtie Pasta Desserts $5-6 - Hot Fudge Sundae - Cheesecake - Mud Pie - Apple Pie