addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

"New York Philosophy" Message Board › Monkeys and apes

Monkeys and apes

Robert
user 3525971
New York, NY
Post #: 7
If man supposedly evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?
John
broughton
New York, NY
Post #: 145
We did not descend from them, we share a common ancestor.

They are still around because they are highly successful species in their niches. They survive in their own environments.
A former member
Post #: 136

They are still around because they are highly successful species in their niches. They survive in their own environments.

But it still doesn't explain John (about the common ancestor part) why one went the other way and one stayed the same.
PiWi
user 3398759
Virginia Water, GB
Post #: 35

But it still doesn't explain John (about the common ancestor part) why one went the other way and one stayed the same.

Stacy, you can find the detailed explanation in any book on evolution. In brief, it is based on the principle that random mutations occur in living organism's genes, and some produce effects that make it more likely for an individual to survive and reproduce, therefore increasing the likelihood that the next generation will have these new characteristics rather than not. After many of these small changes, there is a point at which certain individuals with the same lineage have diverged enough that they cannot mate with each other any more and have "parted ways".
Robert
user 3525971
New York, NY
Post #: 10
Greg, What is going on with you? Each time I read your comments they are always hostile and seem to be directed towards Stacy. Were you guys in a relationship that went Bad? Is this really the forum to air your personal laundry? Just my impression...
A former member
Post #: 138
Greg, What is going on with you? Each time I read your comments they are always hostile and seem to be directed towards Stacy. Were you guys in a relationship that went Bad? Is this really the forum to air your personal laundry? Just my impression...

Looks like he's mad because I maybe hit a nerve or more or it could be he just likes to argue. I swear to everybody here I don't know this person from anywhere.
A former member
Post #: 139
I guess you still want to continue this You have to stop answering for me in your own mind. I said it before and I'll say it again it had nothing to do with me. Mr DiLorenzo from your own words it's showing alot what's going here. And you know what I find boring and VERY immature someone who repeats himself.
A former member
Post #: 141
Wow, Stacy,

it must be a full Universe. lol
You seem like a lady who knows she is a lady.
those guys do not appear to be gentlemen. dont worry Stacy.

Jacob.

Thank you Jacob
A former member
Post #: 142

Stacy, you can find the detailed explanation in any book on evolution. In brief, it is based on the principle that random mutations occur in living organism's genes, and some produce effects that make it more likely for an individual to survive and reproduce, therefore increasing the likelihood that the next generation will have these new characteristics rather than not. After many of these small changes, there is a point at which certain individuals with the same lineage have diverged enough that they cannot mate with each other any more and have "parted ways".

Why are there random mutations?
PiWi
user 3398759
Virginia Water, GB
Post #: 40

Why are there random mutations?

Evolution or science in general, definitely does not have the answer to that. The whys will get us all the way back to the other thread on the beginning of the world...or any thread on the meaning/purpose of the world.