addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

"New York Philosophy" Message Board › A Critique of Pure Reason - Submissions and Discussions

A Critique of Pure Reason - Submissions and Discussions

Mark
user 6203323
New York, NY
Post #: 7
Yifeng,...John is the organizer of this group

"Tao is existentialism-like" I don't think so,.....existentialism always seemed to me as if it approached a futility to life....that life was meaningless......I don't get that impresssion from Tao.

also....."It is so real and true that it is actually deconstructive toward reason"....this I agree with,....and is why I see it as a system of morality,..not a system of "reason".
Mark
user 6203323
New York, NY
Post #: 8
Albert...........in regards this question.......

t.."If one has compassion for the tiniest piece of existence, shouldn't one have compassion for all of existence?"...........

are there not things in this life you have no compassion for? For example,...rapists, murderers, whatever???
Albert
user 9627762
Nutley, NJ
Post #: 4
Mark... I will just PASTE... below is my last post from the Philosophy Triple Header, Mar 9, 2010 3:10 AM

Rhyme nor reason...Probably can't deny,our bodies will expire.Is the soul eternal?Could the body just be a wardrobe we wear around the soul...a scripted costume of our deepest "desire"-role playing for our fellow souls, locked in a "Quantum group of particles", from a "momentary" glance of our consciousness'. Truly a free choice, with our desire to glance-accepting the drama for participation. Yin/Yang-The oppressor/oppressed...the lead role only exists with a supportive cast/"witness".