addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New York / New Jersey Polyamory Meetup Group Message Board › Private versus Public

Private versus Public

A former member
Post #: 11
I'm curious as to the pro's and con's of making this Meet-up group "public" vs "private".

I am the organizer of a different meet-up (which is related to sex), and I'm wondering why this Group has chosen to keep the Meet-up Group Pubic. What are the benefits? Drawbacks?

Thanks.
Diane
diane-nyc
New York, NY
Post #: 20
I am the organizer of a different meet-up (which is related to sex), and I'm wondering why this Group has chosen to keep the Meet-up Group Public.

Geez. Poly is about relationships, not sex.
Lewis H.
user 26957132
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Isn't sex, the erotic and the sensual often a large part of relationship?
Eileen
user 70163362
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Well, I'm new to this group and can't comment at length, but I'm not using a real picture of myself because the site is public. I would be willing to disclose a bit more about myself if this were an invitation-only site but as it is, I'm very general with anything I say here.