This talk introduces some less well-known features of knitr after a quick introduction.
It is a google hangout talk. Attendants will gather together and have enough time to ask Yihui questions.
Speaker Bio: Yihui Xie is a fifth-year PhD student in the Department of Statistics, Iowa State University. He is the author and maintainer of a dozen R packages, including knitr, animation and formatR, etc. He blogs at http://yihui.name
Prerequisites: You are recommended to install RStudio (preferably the preview version, if you can find it), R >= 3.0.1, knitr >= 1.4.1, and optionally LaTeX, LyX, Pandoc, AsciiDoc, Julia
• 7:00-8:30pm Presentation
• 8:30-9:00pm Q & A
• a brief introduction of knitr with R Markdown and LaTeX examples
• basic knitr document syntax and options
• spin() for the impatient
• some R Markdown applications: RPubs, R Presentations
• R package vignettes using knitr, and the Gangam style (Docco style)
• how the knitr book was written using LyX + knitr
• Pandoc to make your boss happy
• AsciiDoc for O'Reilly books
• language engines: shell scripts, Python, Julia via knitr
• Yihui Xie (2013) Dynamic Documents with R and knitr. Chapman and Hall/CRC. ISBN[masked]