Shirley F.
user 13450664
New York, NY
Post #: 16
Hi all,
I adopted two rattie brothers over two years ago through rat meetup, since then they have become my closest family. One of the brothers passed away almost 3 months ago and since then his brother and I have become extremely close, he runs to me when I come home from work and he is always grooming my hand. I never close his rat manor door, he is always free to roam around my apartment and wake me up in the middle of the night to snuggle. I also take the time every morning to cut up his food just the way he likes it.
Next month I am going on a trip to Rome for 10 days, I was going to leave him with my boyfriends sister who has 3 kids and a baby on the way, I am slightly concerned that he will be neglected and occasionally hugged too hard or dropped by the kids and considering he is in his older age I am concerned for his comfort and well-being.
I am wondering if there is someone on this site who might give him the level of care that I would and if he passes away while I am gone maybe I can know that he was in good hands. Maybe someone who wants to stay at my apartment in Hell's kitchen rent free while I am gone, so my rat can stay at home.
Let me know if you think this person might be you and I will send pictures of my apartment (currently on airbnb, i rent it out occasionally for people looking for hotel-style accommodations) and we can plan to meet to talk about details.
thanks,
-Shirley
Holly
user 53382972
Allentown, PA
Post #: 2
Hello there, Shirley! My name is Holly, & I believe that I would be the perfect person (also a rat LOVER - I have my own precious baby) to house- and baby-sit for you, while you go away. In addition - I currently live in a rooming house in Allentown, PA, & would be interested in more details about your - 'occasionally just renting your place out' ............I LOVE Manhattan !!! But I could never afford an entire apartment in NYC, all by myself. I saw, on the web a while ago, that there is ALSO a very nice rooming house in Hell's Kitchen -- but I don't know if they'd allow pets; It WAS affordable for me, though. I am an extreme animal-lover, & have found my rat (& the one I had before him) to be my CLOSEST love !!! They are perfect pets. --Please reply back to me via my PERSONAL EMAIL, --at-- :
Holly F.
' accuvoice@yahoo.com '
( 484 ) 725-7162
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!! Take care, & can't wait to talk to you......[:)