Raquel
Raquel2
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 1,876
Hi,

To find a rat vet (national and international) > aemv.org > Find vet and ask if he sees rats. Disregard the list of species for the vet. Rats are not listed.

Rat vets are listed near the top of our Message Board by location.

Thank you,
Raquel

New Orleans Vets: West Esplanade Veterinary Clinic, Dr. Rich. "He was amazing and very knowledgeable about rats," by Angelika.
Vincent
user 112736362
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Does anyone know a good Long Island vet - I need to get this subcutaneous mammary tumor removed before it starts disheveling organs and becoming necrotic. (Yes I know a lot about these tumors - it's benign and doesn't appear to be spreading through the lymph nodes as of yet). If anyone knows a good vet and pricing it would be much appreciated. (P.s. the tumor is actually in a fairly easy place to remove - above the left leg - a few centimeters ventral of the sagital plane.
Raquel
Raquel2
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 1,890
Hi Vincent,

If the sagittal plane divides left and right halves, what do you mean by "a few centimeters ventral of the sagital plane"?

Long Island vets (a section on this Message Board):
http://www.meetup.com...­
If prices or anything else isn't right for you, you may also post to our Mailing List:
rat-30 @meetup.com (no space)
and ask the members for other vet recommendations. If you put info @meetup.com (no space) into your address book you are more likely not to miss replies.

You might also find a vet on aemv.org > Ask the vet that you find if he sees rats and ask prices. Disregard the list of species for the vet because rats are never mentioned.

Thank you,
Raquel
Organizer
Vincent
user 112736362
New York, NY
Post #: 4
Thanks you :3. I'll have to check it out later though - I'm about to head off to college. Thanks again! Later.
Vincent
user 112736362
New York, NY
Post #: 6
(Ventral = anterior, Dorsal = posterior) basically it's on the opposite side of her left kidney (instead of being close to her back it's close to her under belly but more to the side - not so much underneath her). I think the easiest way to explain it is to say it's near the squishy spot every one has on the sides of their body (a bit under the ribs) that - when poked makes people laugh (depending on the person). That's sort of the equivalent of where it is. :3
Raquel
Raquel2
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 1,893
Thank you! Best to rattie!
Raquel
Raquel2
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 1,894
Hi Vincent,

Since cost is important, you might check out the hospital that I mentioned earlier: http://www.meetup.com...­ Ask Dr. Lu about his experience with removing rat tumors. If he is no longer there, ask the hospital if an experienced (!) rat surgeon is on board. This hospital was recommended by a rat rescuer former member of this meetup for whom both experience and cost mattered. You may also ask our members if they know the vets at this hospital.

The hospital: http://www.cmvh.net/...­

Thank you,
Raquel