The New York City Rat Meetup Group Message Board › HELP! Where can I leave my rats?

HELP! Where can I leave my rats?

Erin
user 112058702
New York, NY
Post #: 1
My two adorable female rats, Boo and Gerry, are the sweetest companions. However, I am frequently out of town and need someone to take care of them. They are very low maintenance, but they need to run around outside their cage and get love and attention for about an hour each day.

I am looking for someone, prefferably a recurring sitter, who could watch and care for them for me. The first dates I need are Oct 8-17. Price is negotiable. Contact me for details. I would prefer somone who could take them into their home temporarily vs coming for visits.

Otherwise, are there any affordable rat hotels that you could recommend?
Raquel
Raquel2
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 1,892
Hi Erin,

If someone takes your rats into their home, please discuss plans to reduce disease transmission between your rats and theirs. Different colonies of rats may have different pathogens, regardless if symptoms are present or not.

The Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine in New York City boards rats. If you drive, you might ask Member Drusilla, north of New York City, if she can rat sit for you.

You may also post for a sitter to our Mailing List: rat-30 @meetup.com (no space). Always screen people and use your instincts. Putting info @meetup.com (no space) ensures that replies go to your email inbox.

Thank you,
Raquel