align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

New Beginnings: Support for the Divorced or Separated Single Message Board New Beginnings Discussion Forum › Is It Love or Is It Addiction? (3rd Edition)

Is It Love or Is It Addiction? (3rd Edition)

A former member
Post #: 3
As I've been going through the process of my separation and divorce, I recently read the book Is It Love or Is It Addiction?, by Dr. Brenda Schaeffer, as a means of learning from my failed relationship. I figure we can always learn things about ourselves from our relationships, especially the failed ones.

The 3rd Edition of the book presents new information about Addictive Love by making distinctions regarding "love addiction," "romance addiction," and "sex addiction." I've found it to be an excellent read that is giving me greater insights into myself and has helped me become aware of some unhealthy patterns in my relationships.

What I also found great about the book is that it talks about the characteristics of healthy belonging and relationships and provides some exercises for moving into and maintaining healthy relationships.

As you think about your relationships, or care to help others with theirs, perhaps my review of this book will encourage you to check it out, to gain some additional tools. You can learn more about the book at either http://www.itsallabou...­ OR http://www.amazon.com...­

I'd love to hear what you think!

Stephen
p.s. Just had a thought. If enough people expressed interest in this book, perhaps a few of us brave souls could come together to share thoughts and insights from our reading, in person, like a book club? Just a thought.