Robyn B
Robyn_B
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 5
Welcome!!

I'm very excited that Jeff has given me this new role within the group. I've been a part of the meetup community for about 3 years and have known Jeff for much of it. I'm happy to be bringing a "female element" to the leadership team and also a north metro leaning for scheduling events. And, yes, I'm guilty of changing the group photo - I picked this because it's meant to represent "A New Beginning", which all of us are looking for. No matter where you are in your journey, know that I've probably been there and will be able to empathize with what's going on in your life.

A little of my personal history. I was married for 23 years when my ex and I decided to call it quits. I moved into my own home in November of 2007 and have been very happy here. I have three children ages 24, 21 and 19. My youngest lives with me and my oldest is on his own with a great job as a software developer. My divorce became final this past June after 4 years of separation. I am now familiar with such "foreign" topics as COBRA and QDRO and the light that was at the end of the tunnel is now a place I get to be in all the time.

If this is more personal information than you would share with complete strangers (not all of you are), then it will hopefully serve to show you that I'm a very open person who shares life's lessons easily, especially if it will help others. smile

I am also an assistant organizer for two other meetup groups (DSS & TCNL), so when I schedule events, sometimes it will include the other three groups. My favorite types of meetups include: live music events, potluck/game nights, BBQ's, happy hours and charitable events (namely Feed My Starving Children). I've also been known to host "orphan holiday dinners". As separated and divorced people, we don't always have a place to go on the big holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. It can be an especially lonely time for many of us, so I will often open my home to share a holiday dinner with friends.

I'm open to event suggestions and hope I will meet all of you soon!!

Have a great day,
Robyn
Aaron H.
user 107043062
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
This hasn't been updated in nearly two years, and there are no upcoming events in the next 2 months. Is this meetup still active?