align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

New Orleans Photography EXPERIENCE Message Board Photography Outings - Friends Shooting together › Want to help with a wedding this weekend?

Want to help with a wedding this weekend?

Nicole
user 12064984
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 1
I have two weddings this Sat. & Sunday Oct.9 & 10th, both in the French Quarter. I usually have an intern or aspiring photographer come along for the learning experience, but don't have anyone confirmed yet for this weekend. I do already have a 2nd photographer booked for these weddings, so I ask that you mostly assist & observe & only shoot when appropriate, such as from the back of the ceremony or details & candids at the reception. You are free to use your pictures for your portfolio. I am also looking out for another 2nd shooter, so if you do have experience with weddings & looking for some paid work then this could also be a "hands on" interview. Reply to this thread if interested.
Thanks, Nicole
Marti L.
user 12201832
Carriere, MS
Post #: 3
Nicole,
If you are still looking for an assistant, I am interested. Send me an email at

Marti.
Lyle
@gmail.
com

and we will exchange phone numbers and talk about what it entails and what time the wedding is. I would only be able to do the Saturday wedding as I have a shoot planned for Sunday.

Thanks,
Marti
Anne
user 2849026
Mill Valley, CA
If you are still looking for an assistant, I am available for Sunday afternoon.

I sent an email to you earlier that includes my contact information.

Thanks!

Anne
Joyce H.
user 10641084
Metairie, LA
I have two weddings this Sat. & Sunday Oct.9 & 10th, both in the French Quarter. I usually have an intern or aspiring photographer come along for the learning experience, but don't have anyone confirmed yet for this weekend. I do already have a 2nd photographer booked for these weddings, so I ask that you mostly assist & observe & only shoot when appropriate, such as from the back of the ceremony or details & candids at the reception. You are free to use your pictures for your portfolio. I am also looking out for another 2nd shooter, so if you do have experience with weddings & looking for some paid work then this could also be a "hands on" interview. Reply to this thread if interested.
Thanks, Nicole
I am interested if you still need someone. I have helped my daughter in California for several weddings.
Nicole
user 12064984
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 2
Thanks everyone for your replies! I believe I'm all set for now, but will keep you guys posted.
Rebecca
MaxFinger
Group Organizer
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 167
Nicole thanks for thinking of us. We have many talented photographers in this group so if you are in a pinch again please call. cheers