The New York Ice Skating Meetup Group Message Board › Our group got a mention in "Time Out New York"

Our group got a mention in "Time Out New York"

Gene
GeneGrinnell
Franklin Square, NY
Post #: 19
Hi all,

The New York Metro Ice Skating Group got a mention in "Time Out New York." Right up front I want to say to you all, especially Mala, that I at no time said that I started the group. I did say that I started the ice dance session but I do know that Mala started the group. Second: I didn't know that the article was going to be so short and focus only on the ice dance session which so few of you have felt confident enough on the ice to join us on. That said here is the whole thing:

If it’s like pulling teeth to convince your friends they won’t lose theirs during an afternoon at the rink, look no further than this crew of 600 or so skating devotees. Assistant organizer Gene Grinnell started the group out of a desire to “ice-dance with high-end skaters,” and now hosts a $20 ice-dance session on Sundays at the World Ice Arena in Flushing Meadows–Corona Park, Queens. Visit meetup.com/newyorkiceskaters to sign up.

Read more: http://newyork.timeou...­