addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The New York Ice Skating Meetup Group Message Board › Ice Skating Group Revised Mission Statement and Revised Rules! (Please read)

Ice Skating Group Revised Mission Statement and Revised Rules! (Please read)

A former member
Dear Skaters,

I feel it is a good time to review the purpose of this group.

"The mission of this group is to provide people who are interested in skating an opportunity to gather in a safe & comfortable environment, and also to help them improve their skills and meet new friends.

Join us if you want to meet people who enjoy skating, please keep in mind that this group is not a dating service. I have no problems if two people happen to hit it off, but the primary purpose of the group is skating.” About Us page

Please just use your best judgement and try to do the right thing. The rules are guidelines and enforcement of them are at my discretion.

Rule 1. Please keep physical contact to a minimum unless you are skating with a partner

Please use discretion when touching other skaters. Helping someone up when they fall is fine but please try to be aware of people's personal space. Many people are shy and may be apprehensive to speak up so please avoid physical contact unless they tell you its okay or if you are skating with a partner. Try to be aware of when someone is uncomfortable. This also means that if you are uncomfortable you should speak up.

Rule 2. Do not use affectionate nicknames like honey, sweetie, baby, and dear

This can also make people feel uncomfortable if they are not familiar with you or prefer not to become this familiar with you. This group is very diverse and everyone will have different tolerance levels, to be safe just refrain from the use of these nicknames.

Rule 3. Please use caution when asking for members contact information

People come to skating events to ice skate, not to meet people, so please assume that people are not looking for a date unless they've indicated otherwise. Again I have no problems with people liking each other and "hitting it off" but that's not the purpose of the group. Most of the time people are just being friendly and not looking for dates, so please keep that in mind and not ask unless they have specifically indicated that they'd like to keep in touch. violators will be removed from the group.

Thank you! I appreciate your attention to this matter.

user 3537473
Woodside, NY
Post #: 23
Hey Mala,

I didn't know you can rent your organizer spot. Just kidding. Welcome back!
New York, NY
Post #: 123
reading these rules, makes me scared of what The Other People in this group do!