addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Newcastle's Local Get Together - for anything & everything Message Board › FRI SAT NIGHTS OUT 4 BANDS CHECK REGULAR EDITS

FRI SAT NIGHTS OUT 4 BANDS CHECK REGULAR EDITS

NEIL2
Neiliest
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 1
Robi
Chameleon
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 5
Thanks for the info Neil. I will keep a lookout to see who plays there and maybe I will host another night out there.
Robi
Chameleon
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 6
Hi Neil. Now I find out about the Cruisers. Thanks and keep it up.
richelle
user 82613952
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 1
Hi Neil I just joined here & saw your post re Mason Rack .. yes awesome band .. loadsa energy! I rcently moved to Newcastle from Ballina & M R played there quite a few times at the Shaws Bay hotel .. lovely beer garden on the bay and I saw them at the RSL where they jumped off the stage and did a mad drumming on a couple of rolling kegs. RSL audiences can be a bit weird - or perhaps it was just Ballina - people asked them to turn the sound down and carried on eating and talking ... I was mesmerised by the band and people's ability to tune out .. don't know how bands muster the enthusiasm with some audiences.
Robi
Chameleon
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 12
I am off to Newcastle Panthers tomorrow night (Fri) to see Birds of Tokyo.
I dont know them. A girl asked me out.
Robi
Chameleon
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 13
Hi Neil2.
Birds of Tokyo turned out great and with 2 support bands as well.
Next Saturday night I am off to see some guy called Pete Murry. I was given a cd of his last Friday night and he is good.
Robi
Chameleon
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 18
Hi Neiliest.
It sounds like you have a top weekend plained.
No show for me to do because friday is a public holiday so I get a week more to practice.
The show I was asked to audition for is on Saturday and I am going to see that.
I didnt audition for it but still went to the auditions to see whats involved.
It should be a great night.
The 'host' was so funny at the auditions it was decided by all that he will host on the night instead of the usual host.
My next show is on the night of the 5th April and I have talked to Karen and she is still wanting to see me perform sometime in April.
The song I am doing was one of your suggestions.
Have a great weekend mate and just have fun and drive safely and take care.