addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Newcastle's Local Get Together - for anything & everything Message Board › Looking for something active to do on sat 9th

Looking for something active to do on sat 9th

A former member
Post #: 10
Hi all, I'll be having a rare child-free day on Saturday 9th march and would love to do something active. Anyone got suggestions?

Daniela
NEIL2
Neiliest
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 20
G'day Daniela,
what have you got in mind? I've got the night covered (in the message board)
Pushies? anything not adventurous on bikes I'm in. Play an instrument? I'm in.
Daniela, can stick something up in the Suggested tag on the home page, is ok. am or pm?
Cheers Neil
Michael
newcastle-guy
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 18
Who knows if the weather will be good for being outdoors. I am hosting an American traveler that weekend so weather permitting we will try to get out and about to see some things (possibilities include Fort Scratchley, Blackbutt Reserve, Mt Sugarloaf. If I can source a 4WD then we might hit the Stockton dunes. I'm also going ice skating, but I am not sure if that is the Sat or the Sun.
A former member
Post #: 2
The Reg Lindsay Rodeo is on Saturday at Morisset show ground. Haven't looked at the details but I can if anyone is interested.
NEIL2
Neiliest
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 21
YeeHaa! put on the spurs n gloves and that dirty hat.... nothin like fresh.......... you know what on your boots..
Geez I haven't been to one of those since um early eighties out at Coonawarrabunglesabran or Coona we call it. This would be two places to wear my rm williams and maybe even take a little ' you know what' on my boots into the wild west night at cardiff rissole.. oops 'RSL'
Geez is Reg Still around?
A former member
Post #: 11
Thanks all, I think I will take the mountain bike into glenrock and try to find some easy trails. I have never been to a rodeo, not sure that it would be the type of active I had in mind, as in me doing some exercise. Thanks again!
Robi
Chameleon
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 11
Ha I stayed a night a Coonawarrabunglesabran in a room at a pub.
As I was checking in a the pub I asked what is the go for the nights entertainment around here and some girl said at the bowling club. Later I went there hoping for a good night.
However, I think I was given a bum steer by that girl.
Nothing but what I will call 'Auntie Mavis very old ragtime band', they could hardly standup the poor dears let alone play an instrument and I would of been the youngest one there by years.
NEIL2
Neiliest
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 23
Ha Rob,
Well damn you're lucky cause I hardly saw a band there, maybe once a month one would come down from gunnedah or the likes.. the best one I missed as I was on my way to sydney Warrumpi band, they were on their way to sydney too and got a gig at Coona unnanounced so it would be a flop crikey that was 25th jan 1988.