Night and Low Light Photography Group Message Board General Group Info › Anyone want to be in a Luray Caverns Commercial?

Anyone want to be in a Luray Caverns Commercial?

Vincent K.
Conchphotog
Group Organizer
Stafford, VA
Post #: 61
I received this email:

Looking for area photographers for TV commercial shoot

Good morning,

My name is Melanie McGhee. I’m the production manager for Engine Pictures. We are a film and video production company in Washington, DC and we are producing some television spots for Luray Caverns in mid April of this year, one of which features on-camera extras playing photographers. I was googling photographers in the Shenandoah Valley area and came across this Meetup group. Considering that your group focuses on night and low light photography, I thought you might be interested in working with us on our project.

One of the spots we plan to shoot, titled "Natural Celebrity", features of a group of paparazzi who are photographing one of the views down inside Luray Caverns as if it were a celebrity at a premiere – we’ll have a red carpet and velvet rope and everything. We’d like to use photographers (hobbyists or professionals) from the local area as our paparazzi and we’re looking for 20-30 people with their own camera equipment to play these roles. There are no age or gender restrictions. Our shoot date is planned for the week of April 15th. Anyone who participates will need to be available to work with us for 4-6 hours on the selected date.

I was wondering if you thought any members of your Night and Low Light Photography group, including yourselves, would be interested in using their photography talents in a slightly different context than usual and appear in our commercial as the paparazzi. If so, would it be possible for you to post a notice to your members about our shoot and provide my contact information for anyone who is interested in participating or in hearing more about it? If you have any other ideas about how to reach other photographers in the Luray/Shenandoah Valley area I would be glad to know about them.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance,

Melanie McGhee
Production Manager
ENGINE PICTURES
http://www.enginepict...­
tel: 202/342-9559
fax: 202/342-9207
cell: 202/251-5726

You can contact Melanie at the numbers above or you can email her (mmcghee@enginepictures.com) for more info. Should be fun and an interesting way to see what goes into making a commercial!