Mar 23, 2013 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
The Lottery the results of the lottery are here.
If you did get into this event then you should see an email that your RSVP was Changed to YES. 10 supporters were selected and 5 non-supporters/supporters.
If people change their RSVP to NO more people will be added in the order of the lottery.
EVENT HOST(S): Voltaire & Eric H
ABOUT THIS EVENT
Lets take a blue hour shot followed by a night shot of the beautiful downtown and the bay.
This high point gives a close view of the city and the buildings streets etc. The elevation is not that high but it is a a beautiful. This is not a place for star trails but is a good place for nocturnal panoramas, photographing the city and some light painting. Parking is close and we will not be tresspassing. Everything is within walking distance but slightly up hill. Bathrooms are not available at this location.
- A total of 15 spots will be distributed: 10 for supporters, 5 for the members who are in the wait list
- We will use the Meetup Lottery tool to determine participants. Please sign up on the wait list then the organizers will promote the winning lottery participants to a YES RSVP.
- The lottery results will be set March 10th. Those winning the lottery will be moved to yes status and sent - via email - the meeting location details. People will be promoted from the lottery waitlist as people drop out. A link to the lottery results will be posted.
- No shows will be recorded and those with prior no shows will be excluded from the lottery.
- You must withdraw from the event 3 days before it starts or you will be counted as a no show.
- People with prior No Shows will be ignored in the lottery and removed from attendance.
- No guests. Bringing undeclared guests will be treated as a no-show.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS (please read this first if you have questions)
- You must have a YES RSVP to attend.
- You must first join the wait list to be eligible to attend!
- If there are confirmed attendees who withdraw after the lottery, those in the wait list in sequential order will be promoted to confirmed so please monitor any confirmations you might receive if you are wait listed.
- Event will only be cancelled if it is raining and you will be properly informed of the cancellation.
- No, we will not change the date,
- No we will not increase the RSVP limit.
- NO you cannot bring your pet. (That means your Dog, Cat or pet Walrus cannot attend).
- 6:00 pm - meet up at the designated meeting location
- 6:15 pm - climb up to actual spot
- 6:30 pm - set-up and quick tutorial for those who need help
- 6:30 pm - folks who are experienced with night photography can start setting up and shooting
- 7:24 pm - sun sets
- 9:00 pm - wrap up; those who want to leave earlier can do so
- We encourage you to car pool. This can be discussed in our message boards.
WHAT TO BRING
- headlamp and flashlight
- warm sweater
- knit hat
- light gloves.
- a liter of Gatorade or the equivalent
- Camera, tripod, film/memory cards, extra battery
- Recommended Lens(es), Both, Wide and Tele panoramic head if you have one.
How to get to the event? Meeting location(s) will be emailed to the YES RSVPs. Please turn on your emails from this group.
Street parking and limited parking in the surrounding community is available. Thus we are limiting the RSVPs due to this reason.
Please set up Carpools from the South bay to San Francisco.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:
If you have further questions ask below in the comments.