Meetup is on despite chance of rain - see you there!
Status update: This event is going on tonight. There is a 30-60% chance of rain. Please check your email spam filter or your email preferences in your My Profile on Meetup if you have not received the event details.
This is a 2 Location event. Attendance at both locations is required. If you prefer just one, wait for the location to repeat as a single event. If you do not check in at both locations you will be counted as a No Show. Why? You've taken a spot away from someone else who would have liked to go to both locations.
Please read this entire event description - there is important info throughout.
(I would like to do more dual location events w/ this group and will be interested in your feedback on how you liked it/how it worked for you. ~ Joolz)
EVENT HOSTS: Joolz & Sarita - We'll answer questions not covered in this description - Steven gets a break for this Meetup
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS (please read this first if you have questions)
- If your plans change, please change your RSVP immediately so the next person on the Wait List can get in. You must withdraw prior to noon, Friday, Mar. 29 if you will not attend or you will be counted as a no show.
- You must join the waitlist to be eligible to attend this event - a total of 20 spots will be be available
- You must have a YES RSVP to actually attend
- The majority of spaces will go to Supporters & will be determined by Lottery two weeks prior to the event
- The remaining spaces are available to non-supporter members - also to be determined via Lottery
- People with prior No Shows will be ignored in the lottery and removed from attendance
- A no show to this event will be recorded and tracked
- Guests are not permitted
- Bringing undeclared guests will be treated the same as a no-show
- RSVPs are open until noon, March 17 - after that we'll run the Lottery. Notifications will go out by 6 pm Monday. The first person on the waiting list will get moved to a YES RSVP if a spot opens up.
Signed Liablity Waiver Agreement Required: Download, sign, and bring the form: http://files.meetup.com/1491227/BANP_GeneralReleaseOfLiability.pdf
Attendees without signed waiver forms at the event will be counted as no shows.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
This event will begin w/ sunset at a beach w/ a classic view of the Golden Gate Bridge. After the light is gone we'll move on to the Bay Bridge to photograph the amazing Bay Lights installation now in progress at the Bay Bridge. Check this out for more info: http://photoblog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/06/17213814-bay-lights-elaborate-sculpture-lights-up-san-fran-bridge
If we're fogged out of good light for sunset we may move on to the Bay Lights early so please keep in touch w/ one of the Hosts.
One of the challenges of the Bay Lights show is that a long exposure won't show the cool patterns so we'll have to be creative, high ISOs, fast lenses, large apertures, anything else? to capture them. This is also a great opportunity to play w/ video if your camera does that, so be sure to bring extra memory and batteries!
6:30 pm Meet at first location to shoot GGB - Check in w/ Hosts
7:30 pm Sunset
8:15/30 pm Drive to 2nd location to shoot Bay Lights on the Bay Bridge
8:45/9:00 pm Check in w/ Hosts at 2nd location - or you will be recorded as a No Show
10: 00 pm Event ends - you can continue shooting if you like
WHAT TO BRING
- headlamp and/or flashlight
- warm jacket, warm hat, light gloves - we'll be right on the Bay after the sun sets so it can be very cold!
- Camera, tripod
- Extra film/memory cards & batteries
- Recommended Lenses: Wide Angle - the fastest wide angle you have/can rent - possibly mid-range as well. For GGB - a variety of lenses could be used
- ND filter and polarizing filter may be useful for GGB
- Intervalometer / remote release
- Liter of Water, Gatorade or the equivalent; Snacks
There may be parking fees at one location - bring coins & carpooling is suggested
DIRECTIONS, PARKING & other pertinent info
Will be sent to Yes RSVPs prior to the event
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Q: How do I know if I'm ready to do this?
A: The locations for this meetup are not very physically demanding as long as you're wearing supportive footwear. You will probably want to be sure you're wearing closed-toed shoes.
Rain will cancel :(
If you have further questions ask below in the comments.