THIS EVENT IS CLOSED. No Further signups are possible and Alcatraz tickets are sold out.
Alcatraz Night Photography
Your photography adventure starts once you step on the ferry. You will have good view of San Francisco at night (the link). If you are on the top desk of the ferry, you will have great shoot of Coit Tower and Fisherman's Wharf. As soon as the ship leaves, find out yourself how to get the best shot of the Bay Bridge, Embarcadero Building and Alcatraz Island. Once you are on the island, you can say "it is my best photography spot of the year!"
Please sign up on waiting list.
Event RSVP, attendance and limit, buy your own Alcatraz ticket ($35):
1. Attendances should buy your own tickets ($35/ea). Guests are not permitted.
2. Buy ticket information: Please note that ticket availability is very limited.
To ensure your purchase you must call our office at (415)[masked] or (415)[masked] to check availability for December 15th NIGHT TOUR at 4:20PM. The link: http://www.alcatrazcruises.com/
3. Send an email to the host to confirm that you bought your ticket if not you are getting booted!!
4. If you change to a "NO" status after November 30th, you are counted as a No-Show.
What to Bring
• Warm Layered Clothing, hat, gloves It is a lot colder and winder on the island then SF
• Comfortable Shoes (13 story uphill walk to the cell-block from the dock)
• A wide-angle lens is indispensable in the tight cell-blocks.
• A fish-eye lens will give you even more field of view to photograph inside a cell or create grossly distorted views.
• A telephoto lens is necessary to shoot San Francisco. Image stabilization will be useful.
• Charge your batteries and bring extra one or two.
• Remote release
Meeting Plan - Info on the Night tours,
* Meet at Pier 33 San Francisco, Saturday December 15, 2012 at 3:30pm
* Ferry departure time: 4:20PM
* On the island 4:35pm
* 5 minute discussion - tour plan
* Free shooting time 4:40PM - 5:55PM
* Meet at the shooting location, in front of the lighthouse at 6:00pm
* Back to the dock 7:30pm
How to get to Pier 33
* Suggest to take Bart to Embarcadero. 20 minutes walking from the Embarcadero to Pier 33. (I'll take Bart from Fremont)
* From the south Bay, drive to Fremont Bart station. Bart takes 50 minutes from Fremont to Embarcadero.
* Parking meter around Pier 33, limit to 2 hrs. If you drive, park your car in a garage parking
Info on Alcatraz
* No food and drink in the cell block (Water OK) If you need to snack do it on the boat or on the dock.
* Rest room available
* Cold and windy at night bring layers
* More info, the link: http://ca.myphotoscout.com/2011/09/07/how-to-photograph-alcatraz/