Hello Fellow Denizens of the Night,
Your leadership team loves taking shots in the dark with you. In the interest of fairness to all Bay Area Night Photography Members and especially our Supporters, we are reminding you of our policies - many of which have changed.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- Please see our updated policies HERE <- click link.
- Many events have been hard to attend. Events allocated for 24 people have had as few as 6 actually attend (More statistics HERE) the rest were no-shows. This is unfair to those who are serious and punctual about attending. Many of you are quick to RSVP leaving others with little chance to attend, therefore to increase opportunities for attendance we're taking steps to:
> Identify and remove people from events if they have a No Show in their history (see HERE)
> Have more events open only to current Supporters and insure space priority goes to Supporters as well.
> Allocate some space in events via a "lottery" (see HERE)
- In many future events we will have mandatory questions that you must answer to attend. We need to know that you understand our policies.
There are currently only 6 on the leadership team, but there are 1400 of you... so we can't answer every question individually. Join us as a host if you can. We'll have even MORE events and MORE great fun.
If a $2 donation is more than you want to spend to become a Donor (first level supporter), we also bestow supporter status on anyone who organizes and hosts an event. If you're the host you're guaranteed a spot!
By the Numbers...
- 550 people have accessed the site in the last six months, out of 1425 total members.
- 162 people have been supporters over the past 3 years.
- There are 63 current supporters
- 50 members have at least one no-show in the last 6 months. 3 of those no shows are supporters. Two people have 2 no shows in the last two months.
- Since the first event on August 8, 2009 there have been 112 events - about 3 events per month.
-- Your BANP Leadership Team
PS If you would like to make some comments or ask questions about this email, please do so in the discussion group. Thank you.