addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Night Photography Message Board Active Discussions › New Year Fireworks 2013

New Year Fireworks 2013

Cudacke D.
user 53465272
Martinez, CA
Post #: 2
Is there anyone going to take picture of the San Francisco fireworks of the New Year 2013?
Sergey K.
user1162869
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 1
May be. I am coming with friends to celebrate to a location I don't know a lot about so I don't expect any spectacular results.
Will C.
user 73399312
Napa, CA
Post #: 1
I might be interested in heading in. What time are they and where are they?

Will
Cudacke D.
user 53465272
Martinez, CA
Post #: 3
I am thinking going to the treasure island. I am not sure about other place.
Sergey K.
user1162869
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 2
Will, the fireworks are near Pier 14 - Ferry Building. Midnight of course.
Ron H
user 8759154
Hayward, CA
Post #: 66
I will probably photograph from TI. Embarcadero will have over 100,000 people? The fireworks are supposed to go off from about 1000 ft from end of Pier 14. Someone/somewhere said Ferry Building is poor veiwing location and you need to be farther south?
Expect TI to be crowded and it will have long line of slow moving vehicles for about one hour after the end of fireworks (from 2010 when it rained). The show will be semi-close to foot of Bay Bridge and unless you are zoomed out you will probably not really get The SF skyline buildings with outlines, etc. in your photo?
Good luck with your choices.
Cudacke D.
user 53465272
Martinez, CA
Post #: 4
Very sad the place on Yerba Buena Island I went for the shot kick me out before the firework so I didn't get the fireworks. The fireworks at the TI is actually really good but I had done it for 2012 that's why I didn't go this year.
Now I get another year to prepare for the next year. Does anyone has suggestion on where might be good to take fireworks?