align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Bay Area Night Photography Message Board Active Discussions › National Geographic Photo Competition

National Geographic Photo Competition

Harvey A.
HarveyA
Novato, CA
Post #: 26
Hi Bay Area Night Photography Community,

In October, I won a National Geographic Photo Competition that culminated in an all expense paid trip to Thailand with six other first place winners. I recently completed this trip and within two days of returning home had to go through my 18,600 images, and process 200 images for upload, with 15 selected for a voting process. I completed the processing while trying to recover from jet lag and finished uploading my images to the National Geographic site with 3 minutes to spare before the deadline. If I hadn't made the deadline, I would not have been able to participate in the Grand Prize, which is a trip to New York for my private exhibition (already visualizing this)! This is turning into another career for me.

I need additional support and votes on my photo album. Voting is done online until Jan 10th at the National Geographic site and it is very easy. Here are the steps:

Point your browser to: National Geographic-My Thailand
Scroll down below the image and click on the "Vote Now" button.
That's it!!

Thanks for all of your support!!
Harvey Abernathey
Mike
Lafayette, CA
Post #: 114
Wait... you got to go to Thailand and take those pictures, and someone paid you to do it?

I hate you. angry

I scoped out the other peoples' albums; you got my vote. The reflected moon image really knocked me out.
Congratulations!

A former member
Post #: 25
I've already voted for you so it won't let me vote again. I'm really excited for you Harvey. It is very well deserved.
Harvey A.
HarveyA
Novato, CA
Post #: 29
Thanks, Mike & Phil! I appreciate the support! Voting can only be done once per machine or device, but can be also done on smartphones and iPads, etc.
Eric H.
user 7994813
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 234
Also, you should find lots more outlets to self promote, it is up to you to promote this to win it just a matter of convincing people you are awesome which should not be too hard for you.

Eric
A former member
Post #: 26
Good point Harvey. I'll start voting from all the iDevices laying around. Good luck!
Harvey A.
HarveyA
Novato, CA
Post #: 32
I have been putting in 6-7 hours a day on promotion and it has been working. I am running neck and neck with 2nd place in this race and see the potential for first place at the finish line by tomorrow night. I appreciate all of the support!
Harvey A.
HarveyA
Novato, CA
Post #: 34
Hey Everyone,

I am just a few votes away from 1st place today and voting ends at 8:59pm tonight! I was jumping between 1st and 2nd yesterday so definitely see the finish line and hope to rally in the last few hours of this competition. You vote could be the one to help me get a private exhibition in New York!

I really appreciate all of the support! Here is the link again: My Thailand - My Story

Thanks, Harvey
A former member
Post #: 1
The competition is fierce, but I voted for you. Nice work, especially the portraits and the lotus flower.

Hai-Ho
www.haihophotos.com
Harvey A.
HarveyA
Novato, CA
Post #: 37
Thank you every one for your votes and support. It was a "photo finish" in the end as I was bouncing between 1st and 2nd place. I believe I finished 2nd, but will not know the results until Monday, Jan. 14th! Thanks, Harvey