What's in a title?
Titles indicate past or present supporter status and are manually bestowed by your Leadership team. You may have noticed that some people have titles. Here is what those titles mean:
- Organizer - well there is only one of these. That is Wing. He's the guy who pays the bills and keeps the lights on. You may notice his title actually reads "Organizer and Benefactor" which reflects his very significant monetary and time commitments to this group. Thanks Wing!
- Co-Organizer and Assistant Organizer - Those are people empowered to abuse you via email, organize events, manipulate RSVPs, remove or edit meetup discussions, etc. Also known as "The Leadership Team"
- Host - This is a temporary title bestowed on anyone who "steps up to the plate" to organize an event. Hosts have the same privileges over an event that an Organizer or Assistant Organizer has.
- Donor - Means that person has contributed the minimum requested annual donation via dues or a cash payment at a social event.
- Patron - More than twice as generous as a Donor. (2.5 times more if you wish to be precise)
- Sponsor - Three times as generous as a Patron. Once a sponsor, always a sponsor.
- Benefactor - More committed than a Sponsor and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.
When the title is given, it is paired with the year of the donation except for those who donated in 2009 when we didn't add the year. So a "Donor 2011
" is someone who donated in calendar year 2011.
In determining the title payments for covering the cost of events are NOT included. Amounts paid at Social Events ARE included - since these are generally "free". Titles are manually bestowed by the leaders. If you think you deserve a title and don't have one - wait a bit (like a week). If you still find you have no deserved title, contribute $100 and you'll get whatever title you want
. Emperor of the World
? Sure. Supreme Poobah of the Universe
, why not?!
What happens if you get a title? Well, aside from the warm glow of knowing that you're helping cover the costs of having fun with others in the dark, aside from the world knowing you're special and important in this community... we DO give RSVP preference to those who materially contribute
. It only seems fair, right?Wait, I notice symbols in my title, what do they mean?
If you have a "+" in your title, it means you've been over-and-above helpful and we noticed, thank you!
We are experimenting with marking those who have unexcused no-shows, people who have crashed events without RSVPs or brought unaccounted for guests.
You might be wondering what we do if you become a supporter in say November of 2012... We will mark you as a supporter for 2013 and your status will apply to 2012 as well. Does that mean you should wait? Well, no! You'll miss out on supporter only events or the space set aside in events for supporters.How do I Become a Supporter?
Find the "Pay Online
" link as illustrated below
To move from "Donor" to a higher platform, merely override the amount.
If you want to donate less, you can do that, too.
If you want to see all the payments you have made, click here
(you can also find it in your Account -> General -> Payments Made