Who is the "Nice Guy"?
• He is the relative who lets his wife run the show.
• He is the friend who will do anything for anybody, but whose own life seems to be in shambles.
• He is the guy who frustrates his wife because he is so afraid of conflict that nothing ever gets resolved.
• He is the boss who tells one person what they want to hear, then reverses himself to please someone else.
• He is the man who lets people walk all over him because he doesn't want to rock the boat.
• He is the dependable guy at work who will never say "no," but would never tell anyone if they were imposing on him.
• He is the man whose life seems so under control, until BOOM, one day he does something to destroy it all.
Sound familiar? These are typical Nice Guy traits. Nice Guys have been conditioned to believe that if they are “good” and do everything “right”, they will be loved, get their needs met, and have a smooth life. Sound too good to be true? It is. This belief is a myth, which only leaves Nice Guys feeling frustrated, lonely, and powerless.
• Nice guys seek the approval of others.
• Nice guys try to hide their perceived flaws and mistakes.
• Nice guys put other people's needs and wants before their own.
• Nice guys sacrifice their personal power and often play the role of a victim.
• Nice guys tend to be disconnected from other men and from their own masculine energy.
• Nice guys co-create relationships that are less than satisfying.
• Nice guys create situations in which they do not have very much good sex.
• Nice guys frequently fail to live up their full potential.
We are a group of men who want to start taking control of ourselves and our lives. We have seen that we cannot do it alone. We pledge to help, support, and encourage one another in our journey to become Integrated Males. We strive to:
• Stop seeking the approval of others.
• Learn effective ways to get our needs met.
• Feel more powerful and confident.
• Create the kind of intimate relationships we really want.
• Learn to express our feelings and emotions.
• Have a fulfilling and exciting sex life.
• Embrace our masculinity and have meaningful relationships with other men.
• Live up to our potential and become truly creative and productive.
• Accept ourselves just as we are.
• Live with total integrity.
If these are traits you want in your life, please join us! Any adult (18+) male is welcome, regardless of relationship status, position in life, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation. We strive to make our meetings safe for all.
Our meetings are only an hour long, with plenty of time after to get to know other men. We take the principal themes for our meetings from the book “No More Mr. Nice Guy”, by Dr. Robert Glover (http://www.nomoremrni..., but we also use other inspirational books and materials to enhance our discussions. Come join us and start getting what you want in love, sex, and life!
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About No More Mr. Nice Guy - Salt Lake City||November 9, 2010 4:43 PM||anonymous|