No. Seattle Walkers, Hikers and Nature Lovers Message Board › Cost of Meetup group

Cost of Meetup group

Irene L.
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Yesterday I learned that it costs Lynn a monthly fee to maintain this meet up group. I think it's well worth paying her a fee for every walk to help defray the costs. What do you think? I gave Lynn $2 yesterday, $1 for yesterday's walk (which I really enjoyed) and $1 for the first walk. I think the fee could easily be higher, what do you think?
Faith S.
user 9730021
Bothell, WA
Post #: 2
Yes, I think it is reasonable to share the web site costs as Lynn is putting in her time for free. I belong to another group that collects $1 per event, which is certainly sufficient as the cost is $15 per month I think for the meet up fee. Another group charges a $5 annual fee and that avoids having to deal with money at each event, perhaps easier for the organizer. Another group charges a $10 annual fee. I would say start out with the $1 per person and see how many stay involved for a whole year, then reassess. Faith
A former member
I have no problem with $1 - $2 dollars a walk or an annual 'dues'. Of course I do need to get my schedule straightened up so I can actually attend the walks instead of wishfully reading about them :)
The holidays are crazy with work and family and I'm looking forward to meeting up with all of you and enjoying something outside my cube!
Paul W
user 66941402
Seattle, WA
Irene has a good point. Whatever the dues Lynn pays, we should make a significant contribution to them. -Paul