Join us for a hoop jam at the OLD TOWN SQUARE on Sunday! :D
This location is right in the heart of downtown and it's sort of out in the open, right on Elden Street on the grassy knoll in front of the Old Town Hall and the Herndon Depot Museum, across the street from the bike shop. :D
Hoop House Rules
1) I will bring extra hoops for those in need—please keep in mind they're for borrowing and return them after you're done (though if you like you can buy one off me).
2) All ages are welcome, thus I'll try to keep my playlist clean. If there's a specific song you want played let me know and I'll add it to my playlist. The playlists I bring are usually extremely varied -- everything from top 40 to classic rock to indie/alternative to oldies to dubstep.
3) Hoop jams are for practice and socializing. They are not classes. Most hoopers are more than happy to share a tip or two, or get a new hooper started, but use it as time to get to know your hoop and how you move in it, practice moves your working on or just get groovy.
4) If you bring children, please make sure to keep an eye on them (they're welcome to bring their own hoops too, but I'll have a couple of kiddo hoops). It's very easy for little ones to run into an adult's hoop spinning at waist height. For littler ones waist height on an adult is often the height where it could clock them in the head. (I've seen it happen quite a few times.) Big hoopers keep in mind little hoopers may be present. Because this isn't an outdoor space, this is even more important now!
5) Be kind and courteous to each other, pick up after yourselves, help leave the space as clean or cleaner than when we got there.
Look forward to hooping with you all! <3
*IMPORTANT: If there is terribly inclement weather the jams may be canceled. Check back here or on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/tillywhirls) the day of the jam for any event updates.
If for any reason you need to contact me, you can send me a text at[masked] or leave a message on the event here!