align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Northern Virginia Paleo Parents & Friends Message Board › GrassFed Meats in NoVA/Delivery available

GrassFed Meats in NoVA/Delivery available

A former member
Post #: 8
Hi All,

I'm new to Paleo and come to find out, I've already been following a good bit of the diet without knowing! So, I wanted to introduce myself a bit.

My husband, Mike, and I manage a 100% grass-fed/grass-finished beef & lamb and pastured, soy-free pork & egg farm in Sperryville, VA. We don't use any chemical inputs nor the whole list of "stuff" that comes in a lot of food these days. We treat our animals with respect and humanely. We farm as clean as we possibly can. That's the short version.

We have deliveries around Northern Virginia 1-2 times per month. Leesburg, Annandale, Reston, Arlington, Alexandria. As well as Stafford, Fredericksburg, and Richmond. We have an on-farm store twice a week as well. Our website is a bit outdated but our order form - which we can easily update - is kept as up-to-date as we can with current inventory. Everything is flash-frozen and contrary to popular belief it does not compromise the quality of thawed properly.

Prior to farming my husband was a chef looking for a way to become a better chef...but after an internship at this farm, it stuck - we love it. :) I'm currently the Director of Photography for Flavor Magazine which focuses on local, sustainable agriculture in Va/DC/MD.

We have an open door policy at the farm and we welcome any questions. We do offer tours but self-guided is always available.

Orders can be placed here: http://www.mountvernonfarm.net/orderform.aspx­
Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/MountVernonFarmGrassFed­

Thank you so much for your time!!

Molly & Mike
A former member
Post #: 44
Hi Molly! Thanks for posting this - I'd love to come out with my daughter to tour once the weather gets warmer!
Lauren
user 3913077
Arlington, VA
Post #: 22
Hi Molly,

Thank you for sharing. This is good to know. Do you also supply local area restaurants?

Lauren