Node.JS OC Message Board › {MXNL2E=EVERYONE, KINDLY AVOID PRIVATE MESSAGING (as calls,emails,&even

{MXNL2E=EVERYONE, KINDLY AVOID PRIVATE MESSAGING (as calls,emails,&even SMS) AND INSTEAD POST OFTEN & PROPERLY

DestinyArchitect
DestinyArchitect
Laguna Hills, CA
Post #: 646
Send an Email Post a Greeting
N3D0Z9=This content I will move-so-redirect to and merge into http://1.JotHere.com...­ as it applies much more than to this group.
EVERYONE, WHENEVER POSSIBLE, KINDLY
AVOID PRIVATE MESSAGING&TALK (as calls,emails,&even SMS) other than to just direct-to-post
AND INSTEAD POST OFTEN & PROPERLY
, detailed more at http://1.JotHere.com/...­ & http://1.JotHere.com/...­ , with the most urgent stuff covered in this thread =MXNL2E}
{MXNL75=

• N3D0UL=As I do continually, before sending any message or making a call, stop & think "How can I instead do this via post?"
  • {MXO29E=If you've got something to related to our group, it generally belongs in a post and not a message (other than to (alert/remind) to look at & Reply to the post). Below tells for common types; and if still unsure, ask "Where do I post this?" -we aim to have a place for posting everything.=MXO29E}
  • {MXO29Q=For most anything, you can and should post in order to propose it, just post it to the standards of this thread; that's how you propose it.
    {MXO4DQ=One almost never needs-to nor should private message something as, including since for most posts including most posts on Meetup, the is NOT widely announced as emailed out unless a group leader does so, say after approving it or wanting to advertise it more; indeed..}
    {MXO4OM=Unless an event comment post (which gets quickly emailed to all responding on the page), it's a good idea after your post to (Greet: see MXO4JY in post­ below) else SMS email the person(s) needing to see it the URL else they may not see it in time or ever.}}
  • {MXNN55=This is all very much per the grass-roots collaborative-spirit and founding-cleverness of Meetup.com}
  • {MXNN58=Note it's easier & better-quality to 1st draft each post in a text editor that that can count characters (as max 500 per Meetup event listing cmt), ideally count any text selection: currently I use:
    {MXO29I=for small, an event listing's main comment box (but typically avoid posting there as that's top-level)}
    {MXO29J=for bigger, I use FOSS­ & cross-platform­ LibreOffice Writer}}
  • {MXO29F=For every keyword you use, include besides it a URL for it, ideally a the Wikipedia URL else the maker's URL, unless it is the group's main topic or would be found in the dictionary and even then if there might be someone who wouldn't know it; do not assume everyone knows what you're referring to AND where to find it.}
  • {MXNN5A=I highly recommend using outline format, with 1 "*" bullet for each nesting level (as "***" before a level-3 point) and TOPIC IN ALL CAPS.}
  • {MXNN5C=Use a private messaging& talk primarily just to direct & remind to post, pointing to where (the URL) as, SMS
    12/10/13 7:01 PM 14 hours ago
    Me: Hey,Jim. Quite looking fwd to ur presentation tomorrow http://www.meetup.com...­ . So how's it coming? -just Reply post there now with ur status, then Reply post there with ur slides if&when u have them. Thx!
    }
  • {MXNN5G=with more essentials in my next posts below.}
  • {MY5A8D=Additional text copied (and, for future there, moved) from http://www.meetup.com...­ to here:
    MKA7N5: Instructions at Meetup events comments: all you need to know.=MY5A8D}
=MXNL75}
DestinyArchitect
DestinyArchitect
Laguna Hills, CA
Post #: 647
{MXNLDV=ONE THREAD PER TOPIC and ONE TOPIC PER THREAD

• {MXNNE9=so then, for example, for any event,

• {MXNTUM=ONE THREAD PER PRESENTATION GIVEN
      {MXNTUP=and including a link to the thread/page of every time it was given, if that exists}}
    • {MXO1PT=ONE THREAD PER A PERSON'S ATTENDANCE & REVIEW,
      {MXO1PW=so if you want to update with why you're coming or time you're arriving/leaving or why or your overall review of the event, use exactly 1 separate thread for that}}
    }
  • {MXNNEH=Important keep that&every topic together, including
    *insuring our many readers here aren't overwhelmed, incl so 1 can Mute any topic w/o muting all}
  • {MXNNEJ=Especially key to get this right(post in right location)the 1st time

• {MXNO2R=as Meetup very mistakenly does not allow anyone,even admin,to move a post even if it's in the wrong location, including can't compose a new post for anyone under his/her name but oneself;}
    • {MXNO8D=Rule of thumb: before posting,search for the best&good matching existing post to click “Reply” on,&ONLY IF none found, THEN use the top-level post, as cmt box that Meetup unfortunately lists&features at the top.}
    • {MXNO8J=For good example,see Jim's reply post: http://meetup.com/Nod...­ }
    • {MXNO8R=For mistaken example, see Ben's 1st 2 posts on that event listing (both at top level when a thread already exists),what led me to make this cmt as Ben's a sharp guy so others might hv trouble,too.}
    • {MY5AHS=text copied (and, for future there, moved) from http://www.meetup.com...­ to here:
      MKA77Q: ideally each topic in exactly 1 thread (a top-level event comment)
      =MY5AHS}
    }
=MXNLDV}
DestinyArchitect
DestinyArchitect
Laguna Hills, CA
Post #: 648
{MXNSVM=MOST IMMEDIATELY, PLEASE

• {MXNLUZ=POST TOPICS, PRESENTATIONS, EVENTS, JOBS OFFERED & WANTED, Qs, AND ANNOUNCEMENTS YOU'D LIKE US TO DO & TALK ABOUT & SHARE WITH US!

• {MXNNY0=Per our past mtg & now our new agenda,
      we are now increasingly having “PRESENTATIONS: small & sweet & regularly many & BY ATTENDEES THEMSELVES, sometimes spontaneous” (quoting that).}
    • {MXNNY2=SO *YOU* (THE MEMBERS) DIRECT OUR TOPICS, maximally very democratically, via your posts on our event pages!}
    • {MXNNY7=Plus ALLOWS MEMBERS to Reply post, so to
      **{MXO1PY=post feedback & experience with that,} and
      **{MXO1Q0=have a place to make+keep+SHARE notes on each topic&presentation and other posting}}
    • {MXNNYI=with all posting PER “..PROPERLY POST” (this thread)}
    • {MXO1Q4=For each,

• {MXNO23=EVENT you'd like us to do that we aren't already doing, including to tell of possibly-related events that are happening, on our Home Page, click "SCHEDULE A MEETUP"}
      • {MXO299=JOB WANTED OR OFFERED, or IN-DEPTH Q, or OTHER ANNOUNCEMENT you want to ask/share-with the group, post it on our Discussion boards, in the forum for that if it exists=MXO299}
      • {MXNNYI=TOPIC or PRESENTATION OR Q or ANNOUNCEMENT, you'd like us to do in person at one of our events, post that our event listing you'd most like it at, including links to the entries in our Discussion board and other events if they exist. See our Home Page for our upcoming, & past, events.}
      • {MXO4JY=Meetup member that you want to notify, as long as it say no more than 4 at a time (unless you're a leader), post a Greet on his/her member profile with the URLs of whatever you want him/her to see.}
      =MXO1Q4}
    • {MY5ANE=text copied (and, for future, moved) from http://meetup.com/OCP...­ to here:
      MEQNR7: The topics desired & offered:
      MIUN5J: should be proposed ASAP, ideally before the meeting (indeed that really helps to advertise it) else can be brought up during the meeting
      MEQNS3: should be posted by members in the event comments below
      MKA7CG: and discussed-else-recorded there: the event comments should record else summarize ideally all in-person talk.:
      MKA7I7: Use exactly 1 event comment thread to discuss & record:
      (1) each topic (per above MEQNS3) and
      (2) each person's attendance.
      =MY5ANE}
    • {MXNS8P=RSVP: where if MAYBE, say YES until certain it's a NO, including since

• {MXNSVS=Assures you'll get notified of updates=MXNSVS}
      • {MXNSVX=Biggest easiest way for you to build attendance (your YES attracts more)=MXNSVX}
        =MXNS8P}
      =MXNSVM}
DestinyArchitect
DestinyArchitect
Laguna Hills, CA
Post #: 649
{MXNO8E=And naturally, as is the standard in most any organization which truly values its participants, if you have trouble with something, especially any directive to you, immediately clearly & respectfully share that with its source; including
{MXNO8W=if you phrase it constructively as is best, then, best of all, post it as a Reply: for instance, if constructively phrased and on this thread's topics, then Reply post here.}}