NodeJS Enthusiasts SE Florida Message Board › Let's start meeting!

Let's start meeting!

Stuart M.
user 9652913
Group Organizer
Boynton Beach, FL
Post #: 6
Thanks to the diligent efforts of Jayme Rivera, and the goodwill of Nova University, we may finally have a quality facility for regular meetups! And so, I am hoping to finally begin holding regular monthly meetings.

I believe that we can make the group best serve all its members best by distinguishing the meetings so that the content is appropriate. Given the broad range of member experience with Node, I would like to have distinct meetups for people of different Node skill levels. That said, I don't mean to exclude anyone from any meeting.

I anticipate three meetups each quarter:

• Introduction to Node, how-to get started (e.x., Node from Nothing)
  • Those already familiar with Node and wanting to advance their use and understanding.
  • Advanced Noders who are familiar with the gritty concepts and want to talk some serious concepts, get into code, hear about what's going on at the bleeding edge, and share war-stories.

Of course (since I am proposing it) I think this is sensible. What do you think?