|Sent on:||Monday, January 23, 2012 10:21 AM|
Hello Non-fiction Book Club Members:
Tuesday January 24 meeting: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- admission: $2 and two questions – the $2 goes towards meetup website expense and top-up tip for waitress
February’s meeting: The Rights of Man
- Tuesday February 28 (pending venue confirmation)
- "The Rights of Man" and all of Thomas Paine's other works are available for free on the internet. So also is Edmund Burke's "Reflections of the Revolutuion in France."
- Note that the original book suggestion was for “The Rights of Man, Common Sense and Other Political Writings”, by Thomas Paine. I mistakenly wrote on the poll, “The Rights of Man” only and that’s what we voted on, so that’s what we’ll focus the discussion on.
- Keeping your RSVP accurate will help organizers with ensuring the venue is appropriate
March – new poll to open Jan 26 to Jan 29.
- Please post any new book suggestions on the discussion list before then. Remember that if you want the club to select books that you like, you need to contribute some suggestions
- Recall that books must be available in the Toronto Public Library (not too many holds) and Chapters
- I will not be including suggestions from former members on the poll though I will leave these on the board if members want to read them on their own