The Pacific Media Workers Guild Freelancers Unit and the Center for Integration and Improvement of Journalism at San Francisco State University invite you to a participate in Spring Training for Journalists.
* Breaking into radio with Queena Kim and executive news directors Ben Trefny (KALW), Raul Ramirez (KQED)
* Advanced FOIA and public records, with Seth Rosenfeld (“Subversives”)
* Creating great visuals, with Carrie Ching of the Center for Investigative Reporting
* Getting work into magazines with editors of California, Afar, San Francisco and California Lawyer
* Multimedia on the cheap with Pulitzer Prize winner Kim Komenich
* Covering technology with tech writers Harry McCracken and Chris Null
* Digital storytelling on deadline with Mike Kepka of the San Francisco Chronicle
* Niche reporting with writers who cover technology, healthcare and music/culture
* Social media as a reporting tool with Len De Groot of KDMC
* Making the most of internships with Yumi Wilson
* The business of freelancing
* Smartphone photography
Carol Pogash will keynote: "The Unscripted Life" how a long-time Examiner staffer surprised herself and became a successful freelancer.
Tickets: Free to Guild Freelancers members; Public: $20 in advance/$25 at the door; Students: $10 in advance, $15 at the door.
Click here to learn more details and to register:
Lunch and a post-conference reception is included.
Hope to see you there.
For questions, please email [masked].