Irish it were snowing...but it's not, solet's go green at Heavenly this bluebird Sunday in honor of St. Patty's day!
Here's what we've got on the menu:
2) Tailgate Lunch Cancelled due to potential snow showers
3) Optional Scavenger Hunt throughout the day - win a "pot 'o gold!"
Bring your lucky charm or just fill your pockets with Lucky Charms (cereal) and try your luck at our snowfest SCAVENGER HUNT! We'll have a "POT 'O GOLD" for the winning team. Plus, winners get bragging rights and get to taunt their fellow shredders with phrases such as "Who's your Paddy?" and phrases a la Charlie Sheen such as "WINNING!"
The scavenger hunt is completely optional, but an awesome way to have some fun & memorable times with your snow peeps on this bluebird day. I'll be working on the putting together the prize package this week and will announce on Saturday. Here's HOW TO PLAY (click here).
Bay area peeps have a couple carpool options:
- Carpool from the Bay to Heavenly resort. Depart time is determined by whoever volunteers to drive a carpool. The 5AM time on this meetup is just filler.
- If we don't have a carpool from the bay for you, meet halfway in the Sacramento meetup area and join a carpool there. If this is you, you must be in the Sacramento area meetup spot no later than 6:30 a.m. sharp. Carpool drivers will not wait for late arrivers.
- If you are willing to drive, please state in RSVP how many you can take with gear. Passengers please watch the bottom of this post to see what carpool you're in. Drivers, please also watch this post and flag any necessary adjustments that need to be made to your carpool.
- We will use this forum to connect passengers with drivers. Once you are assigned a driver, it is your responsibility to communicate with your driver for a meeting spot & time.
- Carpool passengers pay your driver as follows: 2 passenger car $40/pp, 3 passenger car $25/pp 4 passenger car $20/pp. Please try and have exact change!
- When we get to the resort we will meet at California side parking lot gondola at 8:45am
We'll be meeting at East Peak Lodge @ 12:30PM
REMEMBER TO BRING
- Gas money for the driver (if you're carpooling; exact change is appreciated)
- What you've volunteered to bring for our tailgate lunch
- All your gear! Boots, board, gloves, goggles, etc. (or money to rent)
- Motorola Walkie Talkies: if you have one, bring it! We use channel 7-38 so we can stay in touch on the mountain!
As always, please be safe and wear a helmet!
Looking forward to meeting some new faces and seeing some regulars!
PLEASE NOTE: If you'll be in South Lake for the weekend, we would still love for you to meet us at the resort! Just shoot us a note and let us know you'll be up there already. If you're planning on going up for the weekend, here is a 2-star hotel that is very affordable and a 5-minute walk from the gondola: http://www.besttahoe.com/. There are nicer spots of course, but if you're really looking to cut costs this place is pretty cool and super close to Heavenly.
Rooms are $74.95 for 2 Queen Beds (can sleep up to 4 people) If you split with 4, it's only $19/pp!
Free Wifi, Continental Breakfast, Patios (for smokers).
Please feel free to use the comments board below to try to find roomies if you plan on staying in South Lake this weekend.
**Please RSVP as a driver if possible. Thank you! :)
DON'T NEED CARPOOL