Nordic Walking Beginners Classes
SWAVESEY VILLAGE COLLEGE
Nordic Walking Classes for Health and Fitness run by INWA Nordic Walking Instructor Mervyn S Foster.
Nordic walk your way to better health and fitness, make new friends, have more fun and be more active. (maximum 12 Students)
We meet at the Swavesey Village College
Beginner/Introductory Classes, (a set of 4 lessons)
Class 6pm - 7:30pm
Nordic walking is a wonderful activity for helping improve both health and fitness. As a result you may lose some weight, improve body confidence, gait and posture. Nordic walking helps relieve back pain, reduces joint stress, improves rehabilitation and can reduce the effects of repetitive stress injuries (RSI). It does not matter how fast you walk as the class caters for all abilities.
Nordic Walking is an entire body workout, but it does not seem like you are working out. Try something new, an easy to learn, great value for money activity.
What Are The Benefits of Nordic Walking?
* Nordic Walking burns on average 30—50% more calories than normal walking at the same speed, and most people find it makes walking more comfortable.
* Nordic Walking is really a total body workout because it involves 90% of all muscles while increasing your heart rate significantly .
* Walking actually feels easier as you are distributing your weight over four limbs using the ergonomically designed poles.
* Nordic Walking can reduce back pain and improve spinal mobility as well as improve your posture.
* Nordic Walking is safe and effective way to lose weight, inches and body fat – perfect if you are looking to drop a clothes size or two!
* Nordic Walking will get your outside in the fresh air, enjoy fabulous scenery, boost your well-being and is FUN!
What To Bring & Wear…
* LEKI Nordic Walking poles are provided on every Nordic Walking session.
* Feel free to bring and use your own Nordic Walking Poles if you have then, however, trekking poles are NOT suitable for this session.
* Wear suitable walking, running or approach trainers/boots.
* Wear lots of free moving light layers and bring waterproofs if the forecast is for rain.
* Denim jeans are NOT advised for this type of exercise, you will regret wearing them if you do!
* Sunglasses, caps and apply sunscreen if the weather is good.
* Wear gloves, hat and scarf if the weather cold.
* A small rucksack or backpack will be useful and bring plenty of water and a small snack too!
Bookings are essential, as places are limited to 12 Students per class.
• Beginners/Introductory is four Lessons over 4 weeks at Swavesey Village College, Please book at the Collage at:
More Details: http://bit.ly/1grfPeu
Mervyn S Foster
INWA Nordic Walking Instructor