addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

North Bay Mobile Drive-In Message Board › Experience on Saturday night

Experience on Saturday night

tee
user 17629041
San Rafael, CA
Post #: 1
This was the first time I have attended this meetup. I must say it was a pleasant experience. It made me nostalgic to see the old-time advertisements and pictures for the snack bar, old drive-ins, and the countdown to the movie start, even seeing the test pattern at the start gave me a smile although people wouldn't see that at a drive-in, only on tv. The audio was good, a radio wasn't really necessary because the sound was loud enough (but not too much). I brought a transistor radio and it was great! Much better than the contraptions you had to hang from your window. This was even better than the old days because I was the driver and I didn't fall asleep int the back seat! Thanks for starting this movie experience for us old timers. Now, aren't there any old photos of the 101 drive in?