North Georgia Photo Society Message Board › Cool Photography Locations in Georgia... Let's share..... :D

Cool Photography Locations in Georgia... Let's share..... :D

Teena
user 7587052
Lawrenceville, GA
Post #: 8
Hi Guys,

Do you have suggestions for local/Georgia photo locations??? I'm always on the lookout for new areas....as I'd bet we all are..

Here is an awesome location in Lithia Springs......

"The Ruins" is an old cotton mill located within Sweetwater Creek State Park...

Sweetwater Creek State Park

Feel free to share your fav locations!!
Jerry & Denise W.
user 3930913
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 100
Maysville, Ga is pretty great. Very old town with lots of texture...
Charles S.
Charles_Spires
Gainesville, GA
Post #: 2
Old Federal Park, The Buford Dam, Wolf Creek Falls, Tallulah Gorge, Bridal Veil Falls, Glen Falls.
Alan H.
Savannah_Alan
Dahlonega, GA
Post #: 9
Hi everybody,
I don't wish to make my first post come across as an advert, but, earlier this year, I created a web site specifically for this purpose (to share photo locations).

There are already quite a few location on there in the North Georgia area. You can print out exact coordinates and use your GPS to get to the spot the original photographer was standing - along with a map and hints of how to get there.
I'd love to get some more locations in North Georgia on there. I've added quite a few because I live in Dahlonega, and have spent years scouring the mountains for good shots.

Once you upload the photo, you just click on a Google map to set exactly where you were when you took the shot, and you can search for locations within a given radius of any spot as well.

The idea is that once you've taken your own shot at that location, you can then upload your version of it. It's like geocaching for photographers.

Anyway. I just thought I'd put it out there if anybody would like to give it a try. It's free.

Oh. Nearly forgot. http://www.gpshots.co...­

Charles S.
Charles_Spires
Gainesville, GA
Post #: 3
Thanks Alan! Cool site.
Teena
user 7587052
Lawrenceville, GA
Post #: 10
Alan,

What a GREAT idea!!!
I'm going to sign up!

*Also, thanks to everyone for all the location suggestions so far.......
Teena

Doug C.
user 57586702
Flowery Branch, GA
Post #: 1
While you're shooting in Atlanta this weekend you should go shoot the Krog St underpass. Google it!
Dolf B.
user 58175162
Flowery Branch, GA
Post #: 1
...and don't forget the Jackson Street bridge for great shots of the Atlanta skyline.