align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

North Georgia Photo Society Message Board › Meeting locations

Meeting locations

A former member
Post #: 15
Has there ever been any thoughts to having a meeting in NORTH North Georgia, like up in the Dalton area? I'd really like to meet some other photographers and get the benefits of their experience, but Flowery Branch is a bit too far....
If nothing else, maybe we could arrange to invade Panera Bread in Dalton some Saturday. :D
A former member
Post #: 4
I'm in Dahlonega, and I second this notion. All of the events so far have either been week night meetings or in Atlanta. Will you ever visit venues further north? Also, it seems like there's really only been one photography outing since July, unless I'm missing something. Will there be more frequent outings in the future? I see from the Facebook group this is tied in with photography classes at one of the colleges which I wasn't aware of when I joined. Just trying to get a feel for the group and see if this is even going to be what I had in mind when I joined.

Hopefully this isn't stepping on any toes, but if anyone else in the group ever wants to get together on a weekend with our cameras and hit some places aside from official meetups, I'm game for anything from Gainesville to North Carolina! I'm an experienced photographer who mainly shoots for pleasure. I know some good spots, and I'd love to discover more! The mountains hold so many photography treasures.
A former member
Post #: 1
I also live in the North Ga area and would like to meet others close to me.
Brian K B.
user 19085621
Hanover, PA
I live in Gailesville & I am new to the area.
I would definately like to get a group together more north of Atlanta.
Laura C.
LauraCastanos
Flowery Branch, GA
Post #: 6
Hi, If you guys are interested, there is a group called ATLSalt which has a meeting at Anna Ruby Falls coming up 10/27. Also, check with Mike Robertson (North GA Photo facilitator), as I hear he has scheduled a photo greet in way North GA somewhere in a week or so.

Hope this helps, hope to meet everyone.
Laura.
A former member
Post #: 2
Thank you Laura.
A former member
I realize this discussion is a little old...I live in the Gainesville area and teach at night Monday through Thursday...I would love to meet up with folks on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, but also realize many people are busy with family and other weekend fun.