addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Jane B
user 8273883
Haverhill, MA
Post #: 4
Miss all the wonderful walks we used to do. Miss all the walks Randy put together.
Anne M.
user 3289576
Barrington, NH
Post #: 6
I miss the walks also. We haven't had any walks at Agamenticus since the top was cleared and the views of the ocean are beautiful.
Randy
user 10613717
York, ME
Post #: 10
Hi Jane and Anne:

Thanks for your messages. It has been a long time, I agree!

Once we get past Labor Day and into September and October when it's cooler, the bugs are fewer, and it is less crowded, I will organize more hikes for the group, especially Mount Agamenticus and Ipswich River.

Randy
Cindy H.
user 69614332
Stoneham, MA
Post #: 6
I agree with Randy. Fall is a beautiful time to hike, less buggy less heat and humidity, less crowds. The Fall foliage colors are spectacular. I look forward to Meetup postings for more hikes in the Fall.
Marilyn J
mjmaine
Kittery, ME
Post #: 28
I live in Kittery and frequently go to Mt. A. If anyone wants to go for a hike, I'll meet you there.
Anne M.
user 3289576
Barrington, NH
Post #: 7
Thanks Randy, I miss you too! I look forward to hiking after Labor Day.
A former member
Post #: 64
I live in Kittery and frequently go to Mt. A. If anyone wants to go for a hike, I'll meet you there.
Love to go with you, and live in Amesbury, MA. Going anytime soon? My email is boiester@gmail.com
Deb Carey
Jane B
user 8273883
Haverhill, MA
Post #: 5
Randy,

I'm so glad we you are willing to start up the walks again in the fall. It is also nice to see there are others who feel the same. Thanks also to Ange who keeps this meetup going.

Jane
Randy
user 10613717
York, ME
Post #: 11
Hi Everybody,

Glad to see that there is an interest in resuming our hikes. I will post at least a couple of Mount Agamenticus and Ipswich River hikes and picnics after Labor Day (possibly one on the Labor Day weekend, if it's cool and dry).

For those that have not joined us in the past, I generally post our hikes for around 10:00 on either Saturday or Sunday. For the warmer weather months, plan to bring along a picnic lunch - nothing like a picnic in the woods!

Hikes generally last about 3 hours or so (including the picnic); average about 5 - 6 miles of walking; over easy to moderately sloped terrain.

If today was a weekend day, I would post a hike for sure - it's gorgeous out there and the wind is keeping all the bugs away!

Randy

Maureen P
user 14526892
Salisbury, MA
Post #: 2
I agree with all the above comments. Fall is truly the best time to hike. Look forward to it