The first 12 days of a seedling’s life are the most critical in developing the plant’s genetic potential. Learn how to start your own vibrant seedlings from an organic and biological perspective from a certified organic farmer.
In this hands-on workshop you will learn:
- How to make your own soil mixes
- Choosing seed starting supports and making soil blocks
- Choosing quality seeds and culling poor quality seedlings
- Creating optimal growing conditions for seedlings
- Timing of seed starting and transplanting of various vegetable, herb and flower starts
Erin Stack MFA, MA, an environmental artist, educator,and organic farmer is the founder of the Green Artists League, developer of the New Eden Collaborative Community Gardens of First Parish Church Newbury, and owner and manager of New Harmony Farm, LLC a Certified Organic Farm and CSA in West Newbury, MA that brings together art, science, and Spirit to sustain our community with nutritious food while promoting a more intimate understanding of our interdependence with Nature.
The cost for the class is $20 with advance registration, $22 drop-in. All those who want to participate are welcome, those in need of scholarship are encouraged to contact Erin for sliding fee.
To preregister or ask questions about this workshop write Erin at [masked] or call[masked]-6315. For more information on New Harmony Farm’s other workshops go to www.newharmonyfarm.com.