North Shore Soccer Club Message Board Recruitment › McGaw YMCA (Evanston) Adult Coed Indoor Soccer League

McGaw YMCA (Evanston) Adult Coed Indoor Soccer League

John F.
user 13928278
Group Organizer
Deerfield, IL
Happy New Years NSSC members!

There is an adult coed soccer league running from Feb 12th through April 15th at the McGaw YMCA in Evanston. The great news is that even if you don't have a team, you can sign up as a free agent. I've met many a friend and played with many teams in that way over the years.... good times.

This message will also be posted in the Recruitment Message Board at the NSSC Meetup site. Replies will only go to me. If you want to post something about this meetup, like a call for team members or something, visit the message board and drop some pixels.

I had a short interview with the Steve Seidel, organizer and got the following details for you:

Q: Do you allow individuals to sign up as mavericks to be placed on needy teams?
A: Yes, people can sign up as "free agents"

Q: Is there an online resource we can reference for people to click to?
A: www.mcgawymca.org­

Q: What are the female to male ratio requirements (on the field vs total)?
A: All teams must have at least, but are not limited to, one female player on the field of play at all times.
Teams are 6-10 players.

Q: What are the costs per team?
A: The prices are as follows
$52.00 individual and YMCA member
$410.00 team and YMCA member
$57.00 individual non-member
$460.00 team non-member

Q: Are team jerseys required?
A: Team jerseys are not required, but a team color is and team members must wear that color.

Q: Are there refs?
A: Yes

Q: What is the field surface?
A: Wooden gym floor

Q: What days and times are games planned for?
A: The dates are February 12th thru April 15th
Sundays 4:00PM – 10:00PM (depending on number of teams)
There are NO GAMES Sunday, April 8th for Easter Sunday.

Q: Is there a reward for winning the league?
A: Yes, but I don't know what it is at this point.

Q: What is the general level of play (weekend warrior, skilled recreational, advanced, competitive)?
A: It is a pretty competitive league, but there are all levels of teams and players.

Q: What is the address and contact information for McGaw YMCA?
A: McGaw YMCA

1000 Grove Street
Evanston, IL 60201

For more information Contact Steve Seidel Health and Wellness Coordinator (P) 847 475 7400 x 256
steves [@] mcgawymca.org
prayush s.
user 23288091
Plymouth, MI
Post #: 2
Thanks for posting this here. I find the timing great for me, so I just joined the league yesterday. Look forward to it.