addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

North Suburban Adventures in Volunteering Message Board meetup-group-VtTwasBo Discussion Forum › Last nights Starlight Supper

Last nights Starlight Supper

Tina W.
user 72174872
Asheville, NC
Huge thanks to Rick, David, Wendy, and Once Upon a Bagel- Highland Park!!

Rick’s lying-  I can’t remember feeling colder, but despite the chill in the air there were plenty of smiles. Rick made a kick-ass chili.  There was also chicken soup, hot chocolate, sandwiches, and plenty of bagels.

The night ministries health bus makes numerous stops, of which we served their newest. When we met the bus at 8:30pm there were people waiting. The thing that I just can’t shake- when my children were little I would have been tucking them in at this hour, reading a story, cuddling.  Here at Damen & Howard the child to adult ratio was like 3:1, and no one had on an appropriate coat.  Some of the children seemed unaccompanied and just looking for food to take home.  We fed them hot soup and filled bags with bagels and sandwiches. It was by no means a sad event.  The kids that came alone seemed precocious, confident and strong. All of us were happy and grateful.

It feels a little sad this morning though.

Thanks again for all your wonderful help!

Tina