4315 Bryan Street, Dallas, TX
This month's get-together is also a White Elephant Gift Exchange. All are welcome!
Come out and meet the folks of NTO as we round out another work week. Talk about trips you have taken or would like to take. You can also have fun stealing gifts from friends and strangers alike.
Location: Bryan Street Tavern, in Old East Dallas. We'll be in the room to the left of the main entrance.
What is a 'White Elephant' party, you ask? Well:
A White Elephant Gift Exchange - also known as a Yankee Gift Swap, Dirty Santa or Thieves' Christmas - is a chance for you to divest yourself of stuff laying around your house that is unwanted, yet too valuable to throw away. Simply wrap it up all nice and pretty, whatever it is, and bring it to the party. Some unknowing person will open it and: Voila! It's theirs forever.
1. Wrap your gift. As a general rule, the nicer the wrapping, the worse the gift.
2. Do not put your name on any gift. It's kept anonymous for a reason.
3. Put your gift on the table with the others.
4. Select a number. That's the order gifts are drawn in.
5. You're allowed to steal from others, but they can steal gifts from you, too. It's a little crazy but a lot of fun.
6. The rest of the 'rules' (guidelines, really) will be explained when you get there.
7. You MUST leave with your parting gift. Sorry.
We'll see you there!