North Texas Outdoors Message Board › Where to Take a CPR Class Inexpensively

Where to Take a CPR Class Inexpensively

Ellen
okietxan
Sanger, TX
Post #: 1,359
I am looking into getting a group to take CPR (both my mom's group as well as my single parents group), anyone know some place that gives them inexpensively?

I am not sure how many of you know, but this past weekend one of my twins (Michael) drowned in a pool. After my 17 year old (Steven) and I pulled him out of the pool, I revived him with CPR (4 years ago I was trained) BEFORE the ambulance was able to get there. CPR DOES work and I will be taking a training again soon along with my son Steven, so that I am more comfortable with it. My first thought when I pulled Michael out of the pool was he was already gone, but I knew I had to try and was able, with God's help, to revive him. He is doing GREAT and so far seems to have no affects from it.

The nurses at the hospital told me they have drowning victims all the time come in where there were adults there that pull the kids out of the pool, but no one knew CPR and waited on the ambulance. Waiting on the ambulance is TOO LATE. CPR has to be administered immediately.

If you have any ideas of a place to call and check into CPR classes (have already checked local fire departments, hospitals and the Red Cross), please let me know. My mom's group is out of Denton and my single parents group is out of the Arlington/Ft. Worth area. This would need to be a Saturday as most of the people I know work during the week. If you are interested in a class as well, please let me know.

For those that do, please keep us in your prayers. Michael is doing GREAT, but not totally out of the woods. He is on antibiotics to help keep pneumonia away and I have to keep an eye on him for the next 30 days watching for signs of seizure activity.
butch
b.utch
McKinney, TX
Post #: 7
Red Cross - Dallas has a pdf listing communities and groups authorized to conduct CPR and First Aid classes. I can't say for certain that they are inexpensive.

Authorized CPR and First Aid Classes
Ellen
okietxan
Sanger, TX
Post #: 1,363
I have found a place in Denton - Gohleke Pools. They do it for FREE and my son and I are both signed up. Red Cross wants $65 per person. Actually they are the most expensive place I've found - go figure.